Thursday, June 11, 2009

The God Who Answers

Do you ever feel like your prayers aren't accomplishing much? Do you feel like God doesn't care?

Over the past few weeks there has been a theme in our memory verses that should encourage you -- God does hear and answer. He is the God who answers.

Consider the following verses:
"From my distress I called upon the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me in a large place" (Psalm 11:5)

"I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears." (Psalm 34:4)

"This poor man cried , and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles." (Psalm 34:6)

"The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and His ears are open to their cry." (Psalm 34:15)

"The righteous cry, and the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles." (Psalm 34:17)

If you are a Christian, you are righteous. If you are righteous and seek the Lord, you can be confident based on the authority of His Word that He will hear, answer you and ultimately deliver you.

Call upon Him, He will answer.

In Christ
Pastor Mike